1 medium chicken, approx. 1.4 kg
½ or 1 lemon, quartered
pesto or butter with herbs to marinade the chicken
splash of white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
2. Rub the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Carefully separate the skin from the flesh and push in the pesto or herbed butter into the gaps.
4. Stuff the cavity of the bird with lemon quarters. Tie up the legs tightly. Transfer the chicken to the roasting pan and rub the rest of the pesto or herbed butter all over the chicken.
5. Put into the oven for 40 min. At the 40 min mark, add a splash of white wine. Roast for an additional 40 min = for a total of 80 min.