8 oz sticky rice: soaked with enough water to just cover the rice, for 5 hours
2 pcs Chinese dark sausage: cubed into bite sizes
2 pcs Chinese light sausage: cubed into bite sizes
8 pcs dried mushrooms: soaked overnight, then cubed into bite sizes
1/2 cups dried shrimp: soaked for 3 hours, chopped finely
2 pieces garlic: chopped finely
2 pcs shallot: chopped finely
2 pcs ginger: chopped finely
Chinese black olives: chopped into bite sizes
10 oz taro root: cubed into bite size
1) Heat the wok with oil (1 TBS) and stir fry the dry shrimps. Add 1 tsp light soya sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar, and mix well. Sprinkle with cooking wine and set aside.
2) Fry the mushrooms, add a bit of water, and cook until tender. Add 1/2 tsp light soya sauce, 1/3 tsp sugar, and mix well.
3) Fry sausage, mix 1.5 tsp light soya sauce, 1 tsp sugar, and 1 tsp wine. Set aside.
4) Fry garlic, shallots and ginger until smell comes out. Place taro in the wok, add 1/2 cup water and 1 tsp chicken powder. Sprinkle with wine, cook until taro is 70% cooked.
5) Check the rice to see if all the water is absorbed. Then add just a bit of water to the rice and mix all the ingredients into it. Steam for 20 minutes until the rice turns transparent.
6) Stir fry chopped Chinese olive, adding 1/2 TBS sugar and 1 tsp wine. Mix well.
7) Add the Chinese olives and chopped green onions on top of the rice mixture. Serve hot.