300 grams clams + salt
3 tbsp white miso
1 tbsp Dashi stock powder
*soy sauce, mirin, yuzu juice
1. Even if you get de-sanded cleaned clams, de-sand them again so that they spit out any old digested material by soaking them in lightly salted water for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Procedure for de-sanding: Immerse a colander or sieve in a large bowl, and put the clams in. Fill with salted water. This way the clams won't re-absorb any sand or other things they spit out.
3. Put the soaked and cleaned clams in a pot with cold water and heat. After a while some scum will rise to the surface. Skim that off and add the dashi stock granules. Don't overcook the clams.
**The tofu and the mushrooms and any vegetables would come into the pot here.
4. Add the miso, but taste the liquid in the pot first to see how salty it is. White miso is preferred. Don't let the soup come to a boil after adding the miso.
**Alternative: mix together the miso with 2 tsp soy sauce and 2 tsp mirin first, add 1 cup of clam broth, before adding to the rest of the broth. Ladle into bowls, then add a few drops of yuzu juice. Garnish and serve.
5. Top with some chopped green onions etc.