1/4 cup long grain white Rice (Chawal)
2 tblsp Vegetable oil (Vanaspati)
1 small chopped finely Onion (Pyaj)
2 chopped finely Garlic Cloves (Lasun)
2 seeded and cut into slivers Red chili (Lal Mirchi)
225 gms chopped finely Chicken breast meat
85 gms chopped or cut into matchstick strips Bamboo Shoots
8 dried, soaked for 30 minutes, drained and chopped Chinese Black Mushrooms (Goochi)
2 tblsp dried Shrimps
1 tblsp Fish Sauce
25 Thai Holy Basil Leaves (Tulsi)
Thai Holy Basil Sprig to garnish
As required Salt (Namak)
How to make chicken mushroom rice top:
* Cook rice.
* Heat oil in a wok.
* Combine onion and garlic.
* Cook till golden.
* Stir occasionally.
* Combine chilies and chicken.
* Fry stirring for 2 minutes.
* Stir in bamboo shoots, mushrooms, dried shrimps, fish sauce and salt.
* Stir continously 2 minutes.
* Combine in the rice and basil.
* Stir well.
* Garnish with basil sprig.
* Serve hot.